|Rose-ringed parakeet||Status LU: established. 1st record: 2018.|
|KollisperrucheCf. Weiss 2015: 76.||Status Eur.: established.|
|Perruche à collier||RA: ISEIA: C1. Harmonia+: n/a.|
|Halsbandsittich||Wikipedia: | Wikispecies: | CABI|
|Halsbandparkiet||Back to the list of vertebrates|
Report the species
→ Report Psittacula krameri to the National Museum of Natural History.
Psittacula krameri (Scopoli, 1769) prefers habitats like parks, gardens and forests, especially those situated in suburban areas. However, as long as food supplies are adequate, enough cavities are available and temperatures do not drop too low, the species (also known as the ring-necked parakeet) is not restricted to the (sub)urban environment. This bird species has the potential to out-compete native cavity-nesting species for nest sites – effects on rare cavity-nesting birds are, however, not yet documented. In addition, the species could become a serious agricultural pest (fruit trees, vineyards, etc) and may carry diseases that could be harmful to poultry, other native fauna and humans (Anselin et al. 2009).
Status and distribution in Luxembourg
Psittacula krameri (Scopoli, 1769) was first documented by a member of naturgucker.de on 25 December 2018 in Esch-sur-Alzette (GBIF, 2018; MNHNL, iNaturalist & GBIF 2020).
The first brood of the species in Luxembourg was observed on 10 July 2019 in the Clair-Chêne forest in Esch/Alzette.
There is no distribution map available because no data has been entered into the Recorder-Lux database so far (MNHNL, iNaturalist & GBIF 2020).
C1 (3+1+1+1) (Ries et al. 2014: 199).
Not assessed yet.
- Anselin, A., E. Branquart, D. Strubbe & A. Weiserbs, 2009. Harmonia database: Psittacula krameri (Scopoli, 1769). Harmonia version 1.2, Belgian Forum on Invasive Species. URL: http://ias.biodiversity.be [accessed 2020-04-22]
- CABI, 2019. Psittacula krameri (Scopoli, 1769). In: Invasive Species Compendium. Wallingford, UK: CAB International. URL: www.cabi.org/isc [accessed 2020-04-22]
- GBIF, 2018. naturgucker.de. naturgucker. Occurrence dataset https://doi.org/10.15468/uc1apo accessed via GBIF.org on 2020-04-22. https://www.gbif.org/occurrence/2329619741
- MNHNL, iNaturalist & GBIF, 2020. Psittacula krameri (Scopoli, 1769) in MNHNL-mdata, online portal combining species observation from Recorder-Lux, iNaturalist and GBIF. National Museum of Natural History, Luxembourg. URL: https://mdata.mnhn.lu [accessed 2020-04-22]
- Ries, C., M. Pfeiffenschneider, Engel, E., J.-C. Heidt & M. Lauff, 2014. Environmental impact assessment and black, watch and alert list classification after the ISEIA Protocol of vertebrates in Luxembourg. Bull. Soc. Nat. luxemb. 115: 195-201. [PDF 247 KB]
- Weiss, J., 2015. Liste der Luxemburger Vogelnamen. Regulus Wissenschaftliche Berichte 29 (2014): 69-79. [PDF 1.1 MB]
Suggested citation of this webpage
Ries, C. & M. Pfeiffenschneider (Eds.), 2022. Psittacula krameri (Scopoli, 1769). In: neobiota.lu - Invasive Alien Species in Luxembourg. National Museum of Natural History, Luxembourg. URL: https://neobiota.lu/psittacula-krameri/ [Accessed 2022-09-28].
|↑1||Cf. Weiss 2015: 76.|